COABC - Marketing Toolkit
Marketing to Consumers
- Give your customer what they want, when they want it and how they want it.
- Be credible.
Do what you say you are going to do, and when you say you’re going to do it.
- Appearance counts.
Perception is reality, and the reality is that people do judge a book by its cover. This applies to your products, your farm and equipment.
- Be a resource.
No matter what your customer needs, try to find it for them - even if it has nothing to do with your business.
- Speak your customers' language.
If you use jargon your customers can't understand, they won't buy from you.
- Consider using testimonials from satisfied customers.
Remember to ask for permission to use their name or images.
- Return phone calls promptly.
So many people don't return calls, you automatically look good when you do.
- Offer samplesof your products at markets and stalls.
Tasting often translates into a desire to buy.
- Connect with a charity or sponsor an event.
Providing your product at a local event that is relevant to your target market gets your name known in the community.
- Make presentations or teach a class.
Classes allow you to demonstrate your skills and advertise your products whilst contributing your knowledge to the community.
This Phrase and Program Symbol are the legal property of the British Columbia Provincial Government. Use of this Phrase and Program Symbol requires written authorization from an accredited certifying agency of the COABC. All other uses are prohibited