COABC - Marketing Toolkit
Marketing to Consumers
- Give your customer what they want, when they want it and how they want it.
- Be credible.
Do what you say you are going to do, and when you say you’re going to do it.
- Appearance counts.
Perception is reality, and the reality is that people do judge a book by its cover. This applies to your products, your farm and equipment.
- Be a resource.
No matter what your customer needs, try to find it for them - even if it has nothing to do with your business.
- Speak your customers' language.
If you use jargon your customers can't understand, they won't buy from you.
- Consider using testimonials from satisfied customers.
Remember to ask for permission to use their name or images.
- Return phone calls promptly.
So many people don't return calls, you automatically look good when you do.
- Offer samplesof your products at markets and stalls.
Tasting often translates into a desire to buy.
- Connect with a charity or sponsor an event.
Providing your product at a local event that is relevant to your target market gets your name known in the community.
- Make presentations or teach a class.
Classes allow you to demonstrate your skills and advertise your products whilst contributing your knowledge to the community.