|PDF document of poster and rules|
FRESH VOICES RULES
Submission should address ideas and experiences of successful organic farming. The entrant is free to define success however they see fit. Often, farming success can be tied to a farmer’s satisfaction with quality of life and income. Organic farmers may choose to include aspects of successful land stewardship and community-building in their model for success. COABC is looking for information about what are the ingredients for this success, and how on-farm success can it be replicated across BC and Canada.
The top three winners will be invited to present their entry at the 2009 COABC conference, to be held February 20-22, 2009 in Abbotsford, BC. Event registration, food, shared accommodation, and some travel expense compensation is available for the top 3 entries.
Additional cash prizes of $500, $300, $200 for the top 3
entries, plus 3 consolation prizes of $100, $50, $25 will be presented at the COABC conference, or mailed to successful
candidates after the conference.
Rules for Entry:
Text: Essays, narratives, poems, or other text submissions of 750 words or less submitted by mail or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in a Microsoft Word or PDF document.
Audio/Video: Audio or video submissions should be between 5 and 10 minutes and submitted on VHS, CD, or DVD media (CD preferred). All audio/video entries must be accompanied by a transcript and a signed copyright and subject-release form for all individuals portrayed.
Digital files should be:
When is the deadline for entries?
Who will judge the entries?
What happens with the winning entries?
All submissions, both winning and non-winning, may also be published in all COABC print and electronic publication.
What are the rules for entry?
2. Every entry must include a cover letter that includes the following:
3. Text submissions should be sent to email@example.com or by mail to COABC Fresh Voices, 202 3002 32nd Ave, Vernon BC Canada V1T 2L7. Audio/video submissions must sent by mail only to the address above, and should include six identical copies of each submission on separate CDs or DVDs, each clearly marked with the entrant’s name. All audio/video entries must be accompanied by a transcript and a signed copyright and subject-release form for all individuals portrayed.
Please be aware that submissions sent by mail will not be returned.
4. By entering the contest, you give the Certified Organic Association of British Columbia the right to use your entry with credit in any of its publications.
5. We reserve the right to edit all submissions as we see fit.
6. Entries must be your own work.
7. Entries should not have won previous competitions, and should not have been published elsewhere.
8. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
9. By entering this competition you are accepting these rules and agree to be bound by them.
10. Current or past paid COABC staff cannot enter this contest.